Coupons and Sales:
- First every sunday I print all my coupons, check the sale flyers and match up the coupons if they are entire purchase ones with sales. Some times I end up getting deals that i didn't even try to get.
- I go almost every week to get the best deal for my money as they have different sales every week, and it helps that i have several of each store to really stretch the money. Doesn't mean i buying allot every week....just the best deal ;)
- I am really picky and won't buy anything unless its the cheapest that i can get it, even comparing to internet stores as well.
- I also wait on more expensive products, like holiday stuff, punches, tools...etc..cause they will eventually get cheaper with sales and even clearance.
- I also sometimes return things to get a better deal... i.e if i bought a 12x12 paper pack when it was 50% off. With tax and everything, it came to just under $12. Then the following week it went on clearance right after the 50% off sale to 5.99. So i havn't even used it yet. I bought one at 5.99 and then returned the other one that was at 50%. I ended up saving another $5.
- If you haven't got the Michaels rewards card you really should. They always have specials just for card members!
- I also make sure to always use 50% coupons from michaels or joanns no other % offs. I also won't buy anything unless i can get it at least 50% off with sales or coupons. Hobby Lobby is different, and if you never see an item more than 40% off then go ahead and use a 40% off Hobby Lobby Coupon.
- Micahels and Joann's accepts competitors coupons, even the entire purchase ones.
- When i buy dcwv paper packs, they are normally 50% off at joanns so i won't buy one until i can get it with an additional 20% off entire coupon, which happens often.
- NOT ALL SALES are GOOD!!!! Just cause its on sale doesn't mean that its a good deal.
- Always check out your clearance sections....many craft stores have tons of awesome things on clearance, and you may find something that you were waiting for, if you were patient.
- After awhile of monitoring things you will see the sales and what you can get things for if you wait. Then craft shopping will become easier.
- I also won't even pay full price for dollar stuff. I know its a dollar, but that stuff adds up very fast. Use a 50% off coupon and just get one thing. Or wait till there is a 20-25% off entire purchase coupon. Sometimes they will have dollar stuff on sale 40-50% off and that's the best time to hit up the dollar section. Just be patient!!!
- The best time to shop for craft stuff is when the store has a 20-25% off entire purchase coupon. Match them with sales and see what you can get.
- I almost always wait til after a holiday to buy holiday crafts and decor. If you wait about a week after, you can snag some great deals.
- Don't forget black friday...its not just for department stores.
- Sign up to receive coupons and emails, and search the internet for coupons...sometimes you will find coupons that were not in the weekly flyer.
- Remember that just cause it looks awesome doesn't mean you have to have it right now.....make sure its a great deal then you can get it. Put it on a wish list and its something that you can check online for and then watch when there is an in store sale.
- When you do find a spectacular sale on things like adhesive...which you will use allot of, get a few to stock up on.
- Just remember to be patient!!!
- There are stores that have great craft items at fabulous prices. Check out stores such as Big Lots, Dollar Tree, Any Dollar Store, and Tuesday Morning
- Thrift stores and flea markets are also great for finding all sorts of craft stuff, at unbelievably amazing prices.
- Garage sales are also wonderful for craft stuff
- Great deals on places like ebay, etsy and zibbet!
- There are many online daily discount stores and regular discount stores. Just search in google, but here are a few:
- Daily Deal Sites:
- Stitch Steals Daily specials on sewing and fiber craft items. http:// www.stitchsteals.com
- Crafty Steals Sister site of the above site, mostly scrapbooking related. http://www.craftysteals.com
- Crop Chocolate One sweet craft deal at a time. https://www.cropchocolate.com
- Discount Sites and Good Sites to check out:
- Remember to sign up for email newsletters, they will email you for coupons and sales!
Thanks and tune in next week for more tips and techniques.
Have wonderful crafty day!!!