Saturday, November 12, 2011

Shabby Blue Ornament

Before
 Ok so i started with a one dollar paper mache ornament that you can get at michaels.


After

I made this ornament for the November Ornament Challenge at CCL (Creating the Crafty Life) hosted by Lina. This challenge was so much fun!!! I can't wait to make more ornaments. I painted it with pale blue acrylic paint. Then i distressed the edges with frayed burlap distress ink. I wrapped some gorgeous sequin trim from my stash at an angle around the ornament. i used some pearl trim and placed it along two sides. For the top i made a vintage Victorian type stick pin just without the bottom beads and pushed it in the top. Make sure you add some hot glue under the bottom bead cap before you stick it in the ornament. To finish it off i added some bead caps to an eye pin and stuck in the bottom of the ornament also using some hot glue for extra security. i added a little dangle to the bottom that i got from michaels last year. I love the way it came out. It is so my style like a blue shabby chic winter ornament :) 


Please stop by and check out Creating the Crafty Life for more challenges and the most friendly community around :)


Thanks for dropping by to check out my project!
Have a wonderful crafty day!
♥Misty♥

No comments:

Post a Comment