Here's what you'll need:
1. 2 x 12'' pieces of ruffled satin trim.
2. 1 piece of 12'' x 1/2'' piece of chipboard.
3. 12'' of decorative trim.
Here's how to make it:
1. With your glue gun, glue down your satin ruffled trim to one side of your chipboard. I chose to make my pieces 12 inches long but you don't have to. If you wanted to use this for a card, just cut it all shorter.
2. With your glue gun again, take your second piece of satin ruffled trim and glue it right beside your first piece of trim. Your pieces of trim should be butted up as close together as you can. You don't want any large visible gaps.
3. Trim your edges. Then take your lighter and lightly melt your edges. This will secure your fabric and will keep your fabric edges from fraying.
4. Next, take your decorative trim and glue it down onto your seam. Do not add too much glue. You'll want it to be secure but not have glue seeping out of the edges.
Voila! you're done! Try this technique with laces and other trims for a completely different look!
Also, here are the links of the items I used to create these beautiful embellishments:
Ivory Satin Trim 7/8''
Black Ruffle Satin Trim
Flower Trim with Rhinestone Center in Lt. Pink
Mini Pearl Flower Trim in Lavender
Thanks for stopping by! Have fun and try this for yourself!