Wednesday, May 16, 2012

MBT's Teach Me Tuesday!




Well hello there! I am so glad you decided to join me for another Teach Me Tuesday brought to you by MB's Treasurista and Katie




This weeks TMT seriously couldn't be easier. This month the DT received some gorgeous satin and organza pleated trim in three different colors. The first being ivory, then brown and finally pale yellow. Check them out HERE! I knew that I adored the look of these trims but wasn't entirely sure I would use them because of the colors. I typically do not use white, ivories or pale colors. So here I sit thinking about what I can do with these... and VIOLA! I picked up from Tim Holtz Distress Ink and one of my applicators and I color away! Blues, greens, oranges, bright yellows, reds and pinks.... the possibilities are ENDLESS! You can literally (without any fancy schmancy glimmer mists or starburst sprays, but only because I do not own many at all) color up your trims. Here is a picture of the trim before the added color:






And after- look how nicely those colors were accepted and how vibrant they look! Wowza!




I hope you give this a try! Please be sure to visit MB's Treasurista HERE to get some of this awesome trim before it sells out.





What an awesome idea! Thanks so much Katie!!!

*Have a great day*
Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment