Hey everyone, Happy early Thanksgiving!!! :)
Today i have a recipe card to share with you. This was for a swap over at Creating the Crafty Life. The theme was Thanksgiving, and we could do any dish. So of course i chose the biggest one of all, the TURKEY!!!! I have this recipe that i made a couple years ago and like OMG!!!! it is sooo delicious. My in-laws always say that the breast meat is sooo juicy and just can't believe it, well i would have to agree. :) The key is to inject the turkey, yes i said inject. So hear is a vid on the card i made. The recipe is below the vid, i hope you see this in time to try it out. you can make this recipe any time of the year and substitute with a whole chicken.
Thanks for watching :)
Pineapple Herb Stuffed Turkey
Serving Size: About 12 Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 4 hrs
Whole Turkey 12lbs (thawed) Thyme 4 sprigs
Onion 1 small Sage 1 tbsp
Garlic 3 tbsp (diced) / 4 Cloves Oregano 1 tbsp
Basil 1 tsp Cilantro (Fresh) 4 sprigs
Pineapple Juice 3 cup Rosemary 4 sprigs
Italian Seasoning 1 tbsp Honey ½ cup
2 packages Prepared Stuffing (Stove Top) or 6 cups other
Basting brush or tube
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and remove middle rack to fit turkey.
- Coarsely chop onion, place in food processor, pulse a couple times. Add cilantro, sage, basil, italian seasoning, oregano, garlic (peeled), honey, and ¼ cup pineapple juice in food processor. Pull 1 sprig of thyme and rosemary from their stems and add to food processor. Pulse ingredients until it blended, you now have a wet rub. (Set Aside)
- Remove the gizzards and neck from the inside of the turkey and any other pouches. Rinse turkey thoroughly and pat dry. Put in roasting pan.
- Now begin to rub about half of your wet rub all over the turkey. Make sure to get in all the nooks a crannies.
- Fill up your meat injector with the mixture and inject about half of the injector into the breast area randomly. Repeat until mixture is gone
- Prepare your stuffing and fill turkey cavity loosely. Reserve extra stuffing as a side.
- Make sure wings are tucked under bird and legs are tied together with oven safe string or metal clamp
- Add 2 ¾ cup pineapple juice around the turkey in bottom of pan. Add remaining rosemary and thyme springs (whole) into bottom of pan.
- Place a foil tent over the turkey to cover breast and wings then put in the oven.
- Baste with juice from pan about every 30min. After 2 hours remove foil tent.
- Continue to roast and baste for about another 1 and half hours.
- Now switch to glaze (refer to “MB’s Honey Glaze” recipe) for the remainder of the roasting about 30min or until thermometer reads 180 degrees F internal temp when taken in the thickest part of the thigh.
- Let turkey rest about 20min with foil over it before cutting.
TIP: Roast turkey 20min for every pound.
MB’s Honey Glaze
Serving Size: 0 Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 1min
Pineapple Juice 1 cup Butter ¼ cup
Honey ¼ cup Brown Sugar ¼ cup
- Melt butter in the microwave about 1min
- In a medium bowl mix melted butter with honey, juice, and sugar until blended and sugar is all dissolved.
- Baste over your desired meat (poultry/ham best) or vegetable.
Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy! Created By: Misty Busby