Friday, June 14, 2013

Springtime Fun and More


Happy Friday MBT Fans,

We've got an extra special blog lined up for you today! Tons of gorgeous projects! We have a Pin Cushion Altered Spool by Rochelle Wilson and a Garden Mixed Media Tag by Misty Busby both featuring the beautiful Graphic 45 Secret Garden Paper. Pernilla Svalborg has an Altered Bird Cage and a Alice Bean Card using the Prima Lyric Paper. Deb Edwards will be sharing a Country Garden Tag featuring Graphic 45's French Country Paper. Plus we also got winners for CCL's Country Garden Youtube hop and a fabulous Father's Day Sale that kicks off today! Today is loaded with springtime joy!

And now it's time to announce the youtube hop winners...


Grand Prize Winner

Youtube Candy winner on Rosa's Channel is....
sdcowgirl61

Congratulations Ladies! Please send me a confirmation email with your address at mbstreasurista@gmail.com, to claim your prizes. 

We begin with this gorgeous altered spool by Rochelle Wilson. This is the perfect way to turn a simple spool into something stunning and practical. What a wonderful idea! Here is what Rochelle has to say:

"I wanted to share with you a project I created for a swap that I was in with a very talented young lady by the name of Stacey. We are a part of a Facebook group called Shabby Chic Crafters, and we decided to do a pin cushion swap with 3 stick pins.  I absolutely love creating pin cushions they are so much fun. I've been seeing a lot of people altering and creating lace spools with the lace filled with beautiful embellishments. So I thought I'd try my hand at one but add a pin cushion and a 3D dressform on it. I used lots of yummy lace from MB's Treasurista's store. If anyone is going to try to alter a lace spool you should definitely purchase your items from MB 's Treasurista, Misty's store if full of shabby chic, lacey goodness.  I have been into scrabble tiles lately... I can't get enough of them. I've been raiding every thrift store shelf that has Scrabble and have been collecting them...lol. So here is how my project turned out"








Supplies:

Aged Lt. Blue Crochet Lace

Next we have a beautiful Card and cute birdcage by Pernilla. Here is what she had to say about her lovely creations:

"I'm here today with a card that you can make with some beautiful products from MB's Treasurista:)I'm letting the lyric collection setting the colour palette as it's absolutely gorgeous.
I wanted to really show off the paper so I haven't layered a lot of flowers. On the top with all the banners - all that is just the paper. I've only highlighted the banners with the words with glossy accent. All the strings with the heart is also the paper and all I've done is added a flat back cabochon of the lovebirds."


"I also wanted to keep the paper at the bottom as uncovered as possible and that little cluster to the left is all about the paper.I colored my Alice Beanie from TGF with my copics of course - I can't live without them :) And put her in one of the frames from the paper, a cut apart element, on her bow I glued a flat back pearl.The edge between the papers are hidden behind the drip venice lace and I've layered a row of mesh bling in the brown color. To balance the edge of those products I added a flat back pearl string in light pink.The flowers are sprayed with LSG salter water taffy from the Nantucket pearl set. The buttons are just from my stash, but I've tied some twine from the store. I've also added an acrylic butterfly with rhinestone among the sprays."


Supplies:
acrylic butterfly with rhinestone

Next we have a charming tag by Deb featuring a country garden. Here is what she had to say about her tag:





Supplies:
1 1/2" Burlap
Button Vine Fairy Belle Spray
Shabby Chic Resin Treasures Bird Home
1" Organza Butterfly
French County 8x8 Paper Pad

Last but not least is this stunning mix media tag and fun video tutorial by Misty (me). This tutorial is filled with lots of great techniques for working with MB's Treasurista products and mix media! Here is what I made:










Supplies from MBT:
Graphic 45 Secret Garden Paper
Black Soot Distress Ink
Candy Gem Spray - Green
Paste Cala Lillies

Other Supplies:
Medium weight chipboard
Golden Gesso Paint
Golden Modeling Paste
Metal embelishment
Lace
Paper Doily
Rocollection's Resin Window
"Serenity" Sentiment from Faith Greetings by TPC Studio
EK Success Real Estate Punch

Now don't forget about the sale!!! You can pick up all the supplies for any of the above projects and more at 20% off now through Monday!!!


We hope you all had a lot of fun on today's blog! We want to thank Deb, Rochelle and Pernilla for their amazing work! We hope that today's creations will get those juices flowing! Please come back and join us tomorrow for our Creative Inspirations Event inspired by 4th of July colors and a feature! 

We always encourage you to post your creations to our Facebook page or Craft Community! We'd love to see what you've been creating with MB's Treasurista!

MB's Treasurista Facebook

"Creating the Crafty Life" Craft Community

Happy Crafting,
Your Friends at MB's Treasurista


Visit MB's Treasurista


pinterest blogger facebook youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment