Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Evening Bag

This evening bag started out with a template from LSH for the evening bag swap. I used two 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of light weight chipboard. I painted the inside and outside with white gesso. Then using mod podge i covered the outside with two different designer papers from the GCD Studios paper pad "Ella Blue" (My Favorite....hehe). Then i used some cream 6" flat lace and covered the main part of the bag. I place dangle trim around the bottom, then added a loopy pearl trim over the ribbon portion. On top of the the main part of the pearl trim i added sequin flower trim. On the flap i used a Tim holtz on the edge die to achieve the gorgeous ornate border. I edged the flap with the sequin flower trim all around except for the top edge. On the top edge i used "frosted Lace" Stickles to just give it a little sparkle with minimum dimension. On the top side of the purse, i added three rows of the sequin flower trim. I also added the same trim to the top edge on the back side. I used some pearl cording for the handle. I punched a 3/16" hole with my crop-a-dile on each side. I made a knot on one end of the cording and fed it through both sides, then made another knot on the other end. The purse is sturdy enough to actually use it as an Evening Bag.

I used a flower charm I had in my stash to cover the closure. It matched perfectly and already had the dangling pearl. I think it really added a contrasting eye catching piece to the flap.
 I dressed up this satin flower by replacing the center with a Tim Holtz button. I then took Glossy Accents and dabbed all over the flower. Then covered it with Diamond Dust. This was the perfect touch to match the texture of the flower trim.
 On the inside of the bag i covered it with flocked design paper from the same paper collection. You can see i used Velcro for the closure. There seem to be an issue with the Velcro being too powerful and ripping the paper, so i cut down the soft fiber and filed down the hard plastic side until it just catched a little.
 I filled it with goodies ofcourse and then i was done. It was fun and easy. I hope you guys will give this a try.

Thanks for looking
♥Misty♥

Recipe for this Bag:
  • Evening Bag template from LSH "Evening Bag Swap"
  • 2  8 1/2 x 11 light weight chipboard sheets 
  • Tim Holtz  Button
  • Tim Holtz On the edge die "Ornate"
  • MB's Treasurista Shop Trim
  • Satin Flower
  • Glossy Accents
  • Diamond Dust
  • Matte mod podge
  • White Gesso
  • Cream 6" lace
  • Charm from my stash
  • GCD Studio "Ella Blue"  paper
  • Hot Glue Gun

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love all the elements you have added. It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Bag! The colors the look, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete