Friday, July 1, 2011

Altered Chocolate Box for Lindsay

Before
After
This was so much fun!!!!
Okay ladies, here is what i did. I painted the entire box with white gesso then the outside with golden brown acrylic paint. i covered the box with designer paper from my favorite paper collection by GCD Studios "Ella Blue". I then sprayed white ruffle trim with Lindy's Starburst Spray in "Dark Chocolate Truffle" and then with a Moon Shadow Mist in "Phantom Fushia". I layerd a dark brown ruffle rose trim all the way around. I made a ruffled rose trim flower and used this gorgeous cameo charm as the center. I used some Brown/Cream Picot Gimp Trim from my shop around the top edge.

I used several of my new i am roses flowers and leaves. I painted this flower with Lindy's Color Shots in "Opal Sea Oats" then brushed over them with Lindy's Starburst in "Frosted Forget Me Not". I accented the flowers with my handmade "Vintage Victorian" stick pin (coming soon to my shop). 

I painted a Michaels $1 frame with Sailing Sky acrylic paint then went over it with Lindy's Color Shots in "Opal Sea Oats". I placed a vintage photo that i got in a swap from Germany last year (Isn't that photo just gorgeous and the little girl is so cute). I put the frame on a hinge so it can fold down for shipping and/or storage.

I painted the darker flowers with Lindy's Color Shots in "Opal Sea Oats" then brushed over them with Lindy's Starburst in "Frosted Forget Me Not". For the lighter flowers i did the opposite and sprayed them with the "Frosted Forget Me Not" and just painted the tip with the "Opal Sea Oats". I added a Tim Holtz Adage ticket "Bliss" which i distressed with my "Frayed Burlap" Distress ink, attached with a Tim Holtz memo pin.

This is actually a pin cushion i made using a piece of chipboard, foam, and some flat lace. Then to dress it up i covered it with the Ruffled Rose Trim to match the flower. I placed a Prima lace flower in the center and accented in with two of my stick pins. I attached the pin cushion to a doily i got in the cake section. The doily was sprayed with Lindy's Moon Shadow in "Buccaneer Bay Blue", Starburst Sprays in "Dark Chocolate Truffle" and "Baby Blue Aqua".

I made a ruffled rose trim flower and used this gorgeous cameo charm as the center.

To finish off i painted four wooden pieces with the Sailing Blue acrylic paint and a Color Shot in "Opal Sea Oats".
I just love the way it came out and almost didn't want to send it....lol!
Thank you Geordie for hosting a very fun mystery swap!

Thanks for looking
♥Misty♥

Recipe for this Box:

  • Lindy's Moon Shadow Mists in "Phantom Fuchsia" and "Buccaneer Bay Blue"
  • Lindy's Starburst Spays in  "Dark Chocolate Truffle", "Baby Blue Aqua" and "Frosted Forget Me Not"
  • Lindy's Color Shot in "Opal Sea Oats"
  • Iamroses Flowers and leaves
  • Tim Holtz  Memo Pin
  • Tim Holtz Adage Tickets "Bliss"
  • MB's Treasurista Shop Trim
  • Michaels $1 frame
  • Handmade "Vintage Victorian" stick pins
  • Prima blue lace Flower
  • Craft Smart "Sailing Blue" and "Golden Brown" acrylic paint
  • White Gesso
  • Doily from the cake section in any craft store
  • Foam, chipboard, cameo charm, 4 wood feet,  hinge and vintage photo from my stash
  • GCD Studio "Ella Blue"  paper


No comments:

Post a Comment